You're going to LOVE Lovelace
Lovelace UNM Rehabilitation Hospital provides state-of-the-art rehabilitation services for patients recovering from health care conditions such as stroke, brain injury and musculoskeletal disorders. The only rehabilitation hospital in the state accredited in six programs by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
Lovelace UNM Rehabilitation Hospital is now hiring a Full-Time Speech-Language Pathologist to join our Outpatient Therapy Team.
Strong candidates will have experience with:
- Evaluation and management of a wide variety of voice, laryngeal and swallowing disorders.
- Instrumental evaluation of voice via flexible and rigid stroboscopy and computerized acoustic analysis.
- Instrumental evaluation of swallowing impairments via FEES.
- Certification in LSVT LOUD or Speak Out is strongly preferred.
Responsible for organizing and conducting medically prescribed speech/language therapy treatment to individuals with developmental, physical, cognitive and/or emotional impairments, disabilities, and/or handicaps to assist in reaching optimal function within their physical limitations. Adheres to policies, procedures and regulations to ensure compliance and patient safety.
Performs therapy assessment procedures utilizing techniques consistent with the patient's diagnosis. Develops individualized treatment plans based on evaluation findings.
Provides detailed and concise documentation of evaluation, treatment, interim reports, and discharge evaluations within departmental timelines. Provides all necessary documentation required for on-going patient care.
- Minimum: Education required: Master's Degree in Communicative Disorders
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (M.S., CCC-SLP) Licensed Speech Language Pathologist in state of NM
- Current CPR Certified
- No minimum directly related experience required but one (1) year related experience is desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively, finish tasks in a timely manner, follow oral and written instruction, and follow established procedures.
- UNM Occupational Therapy Fieldwork Site of the Year 2017
- Excellence in Outcomes Award- Orthopedics (Q3 2016) from Focus On Therapeutic Outcomes (FOTO), Inc. for Wyoming, Enchanted Hills, Santa Fe and Jemez rehabilitation clinics
- Hospital of Choice Award from the American Alliance of Healthcare Providers
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.